5 Morning Routines to Transform your Life (in just 20 minutes!)
What is your morning routine?
Does your morning routine nourish your well-being?
Sunrise at Om.Ma.Ya.Om Center
A morning routine is a set of actions you perform in the morning, usually before starting your day's main activity. The actions can be anything from drinking water or making breakfast to doing exercise.
We are not so keen about asking ourselves these types of questions, as it might trigger something for us to examine in our habitual decision making and thought processes, and check to what extent are we giving value to nourish our well-being every day?
We might come to realize that we haven't been taking care of our well-being so much, and it’s time to do something about it.
This process of recognition and acknowledgment is a painful yet necessary stage, as it brings about a radical change in the way we live life, once we are truly ready for it.
Having a strong morning routine is useful for small-scale changes that create lasting effects in your life.
That is mainly because we don’t have so many excuses in the morning why not to do it! (we can always get out of bed 30 minutes earlier).
Morning energy is fuelled with vitality, creativity, and awareness - especially after a good night's sleep, so it is the ultimate time in the day to nourish and take care of yourselves.
Below are 5 simple practices to change your life completely, from more energy to more focus and clarity, and with time they will bring to your life so much appreciation, passion, and gratitude.
(!) If you want to experience the maximum effect of this new routine, then when following these steps make sure not to use your mobile phone or any electronic device, at all!
1. First thing in the morning, before you do anything, get out of bed, step out of your room and walk barefoot outside. It will completely awaken you and bring energy and aliveness to you. It will clear away your negative energy and bring freshness and positivity- 5 minutes
2. Come back to your room and drink 1/2 litre up to 1 litre of water. Simply focus on drinking your water mindfully. It will change your entire energy and flush out all the toxins from your body. - 7 minutes
3. Sit on your bed or chair and connect to your body through the breath and the senses.
Observe your thoughts and sensations, without judgment. Don't try to control or stop anything. Let whatever happened in your sleep or yesterday to come up to the surface. - 5 minutes
4. Set your intentions and goals for the new day - what do you want to do and accomplish today? what feelings do you want to have? How do you want to nourish yourself? What do you want to improve, develop and grow from - physically, mentally, emotionally, in your project, lifestyle, relationship, and health? - 2 minutes
5. Consciously make your cup of coffee or tea - 1 minute.
Enjoy this moment 😊
That's your 20 minutes morning routine practice that will affect your quality of life immediately and transform your life and mind after a few years of practice.
This is a long term practice for serious people who want to change now, not later.