Have you been looking for a breakfast alternative that is
both tasty and nourishing at the same time?
Let us introduce to you our ideal breakfast - Tapioca porridge! (with fruits+nuts)
It takes a while to get used to, yet after some time you won't feel like eating anything else in the morning!
The benefits of eating this breakfast are:
• You get a high level of energy throughout the day
• No more cravings after eating
• It takes less than 20 minutes to make.
So, What is Tapioca?
Tapioca is a starchy root made from cassava tubers.
These tubers are native to South America and South-East Asia.
It is gluten-free, nut-free, and grain-free. It won't cause problems for people with celiac disease, gluten sensitivity, and nut allergies.
Tapioca is cholesterol-free and contains high amount of carbohydrates which are the main source of energy for our body.
Tapioca is also a good source of Iron, which is found in hemoglobin, a protein that carries oxygen to all parts of your body - supports us to be energetic, alive beings!
You might like to read these posts:
Do You Want The Recipe?
Tapioca porridge For 2 people
100g Tapioca pearls
2 tbs Sugar (palm sugar/cane sugar/brown sugar/coconut sugar)
½ tea spoon Cinnamon powder (optional)
You can add a handful of one or more of these options to the porridge:
crushed peanuts, sesame seeds, tahini paste, raisins, goji berry or other berries, coconut milk, cocoa powder.
For non vegans - you can add fresh milk to the porridge.
1. Soak the tapioca for 15 minutes. (not a must do- it simply shortens the cooking time and it helps the tapioca not to stick to the bottom of the pot).
2. Rinse the tapioca and cook it with 400ml water for approximately 10 minutes on a medium flame. Stir every 3 minutes.
3. When the tapioca starts to absorb most of the water (after about 10 minutes), you can add all the rest of the ingredients.
4. Stir everything together. Then, turn off the gas, close the lid of the pot and let the tapioca sit there for 5 minutes.
You will figure out with practice the consistency that you like.
Play with the amount of water and spices until you find your own flavour.
Our Favourite Breakfast in our Conscious Living Retreats :)